Date:      Sat, 04 Nov 2000 21:15:40 +0200
From:      Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
To:        John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>
Cc:        msmith@FreeBSD.ORG (Mike Smith), freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dhcp boot was: Re: diskless workstation

In message <200011041759.eA4HxWv67962@zibbi.icomtek.csir.co.za>you write:
} [...]
}The option-128 confuse the pxeboot program. If I put
}
}option root-path "/export/diskless";
}option option-128 "10.1.2.3:/export/shark";
}
}in the dhcpd.conf file, pxeboot tries to mount /export/sharkM-^[^B-i=FF
}as the root filesystem. Removing the option-128 line at least get me to
}boot albeit without swap.
}

the way I see it, there at least 2 'calls' to dhcpd.
1- by the PXE/UNDI stuff in the romboot. which needs the PXEClient stuff, and
   gets very confused with root/swap server. specialy if the
   dhcpd/tftpd/root/swap servers are not the same hosts.
2- by the freebsd-bootp, which IMHO does not need the PXEClient and could use
   something like FreeBSDc, to get the 'correct' values.
i know this sounds confusing, (even to me :-), but I think I can come up with
some working examples soon. btw, the secret is in libstand/bootp.c and
src/sys/nfs/bootp_subr.c

	danny