Date:      Tue, 01 May 2018 14:11:32 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>, Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@leidinger.net>, Tijl Coosemans <tijl@FreeBSD.org>, Julian Elischer <julian@FreeBSD.org>, blubee blubeeme <gurenchan@gmail.com>, Don Lewis <truckman@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: reccomendation for a building architecture schematic diagram editor ?

I wrote	Mon, 16 Apr 2018 10:21:20 +0200

> Hi ports@freebsd.org people,
> Might any of you have a FreeBSD ports/ reccomendation for a building
> architecture schematic diagram editor, please ? To plan eg big house room
> layouts { furniture moves, building sale / rent} etc ?
>
> I'm not looking for professional architects or structural engineers
> tools to plan new buildings.  I'm not looking for millimetre precise
> kitchen layout programs if such exist, I'm just looking to produce
> the sort of plan one gets from estate agents, and on landlord/
> tenant rental contracts etc.
>
> I searched, but nothing from https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi
>
> Only port I can think of is xfig, which I've used for other things
> 	https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/graphics/xfig/
> but wondering if something else more appropriate exists ?
>
> Looking for something to tart up my hand sketches & a raft of
> measurements hand written on them, taken from a laser measurer.
>
> I'm not looking to include a bluetooth professional laser measurer
> to PC/android data transfer, though they exist, I just bought a
> much cheaper simple laser measurer, & content to hand edit.

Thanks to all respondents. Summary since:

Probably best for my purpose
  /usr/ports/cad/sweethome3d
    make package builds on 12.0-CURRENT & 9.2-RELEASE,
    make package-recursive breaks, ** To be retried later.
    Supports MS users & use live on web too.
    http://www.sweethome3d.com
    Mouse clicks can set to metric.

Possibly:
  /usr/ports/cad/librecad
    make install OK on 12.0-CURRENT & 9.2-RELEASE
    make package failed on 12.0-CURRENT,
    RUNNING unsetenv NOCLEANDEPENDS make clean make package-recursive
    Mouse:
      Failed from 9.2-RELEASE X display host to remote 12.0-CURRENT librecad
      host.  Mouse OK on 9.2-RELEASE with local screen & librecad.
    http://librecad.org/
	a free Open Source CAD application for Windows, Apple and Linux.
    Supports MS users too

Other Like Xfig, useable but perhaps not ideal for requirement :
  /usr/ports/graphics/xfig

  /usr/ports/graphics/dia
    make package OK on 12.0-CURRENT
    No units to set to metric or imperial.

  /usr/ports/graphics/tgif
    make package OK
    Like xfig.
    Mouse switch to metric grid.

Broken on my 12.0-CURRENT & 9.2-RELEASE hosts
  /usr/ports/cad/brlcad
    http://www.brlcad.org/
    On 9.2-RELEASE Running unsetenv NOCLEANDEPENDS; make clean; make

No executable, Just libraries:
  /usr/ports/graphics/kdiagram
    http://projects.kde.org/kdiagram

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, Computer Consultant, Systems Engineer, BSD Linux Unix, Munich
 Brexit Referendum stole 3,700,000 votes, inc. 700,000 from British in EU.