Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 1996 20:40:33 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: adaptec 154X support

As Gary Chrysler wrote:

> I have several Adaptec 1542CF's, For each and every one of them I
> have had troubles with external drives. Never used one with
> internal drives, So don't know about that.
> The solution, Call Adaptec techsup they'll send ya a special
> external cable and the troubles dissapear!
> For FREE at that!

That's sorta ``common wisdom''.  I remember this discussion (also here
in the computer magazines) when the 154xC appeared.  They've got some
timing much more aggressive than they used to have.  Alas, there are
so many crappy (and often too cheap) SCSI cables around.

I normally don't trust a SCSI cable of less than USD 50 or so...

--
cheers, J"org