Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 1998 05:53:46 -0500
From:      El Diablo <thepro@wt.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ftpd

i have a question about setting up ftp accounts under freeBsd.

I set up in the login.conf for freebsd to chroot the user at ftp login.
all works
but i notice that without a directory in thier home directory called bin

with LS that they ls command does not work when the user ftps.

I compiled freebsd ftpd with INTERNAL_LS and it works but I was
wondering if there are anyother ftp servers out there.  I tried wu_ftp
and it appears
not to have an internal ls.  I want to chroot the users to make
providing access to
web space more easy and they system more secure.

Thanks for you help.

matt