Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:02:56 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wine update

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Szilveszter Adam wrote:
> However, since then the 20000909 snapshot has hit the Net. (There was also
> a 20001002 snapshot at one time and I still have it, but it has since
> disappeared without a trace from the ftp servers and has not worked anyway.)

I had prepared updates for the 20000909 and 20001002 ports, but these
caused significant problems on -STABLE in that, essentially, Wine stopped
working.

It caused me quite some headaches, but with the help of Ulrich Weigand we
traced this down to a bug in the GCC port that is used on 4.1-RELEASE and
I am currently testing a workaround by Ulrich.

> This September snapshot works on my -CURRENT system from yesterday
> (note not only compiles, but also *works*

Cool!

> So, is there any reason why we do not update the wine port so that
> others might enjoy this thinggy, too? :-) [Maintainer of the port cc'd]

Thanks for the Cc. If all goes right, I will have an update for the port
ready within 24 hours...

> Also, although I do not have a -STABLE machine here, but if testing on
> -CURRENT is needed, please just tell me, and I'll be in a minute!:-)

...and will send this to you, so that you can double check it.

Okay?
Gerald