Date:      Sat, 1 Sep 2001 20:52:41 -0700
From:      "Ralph N. Smith" <ralph@webcom.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Boris_K=F6ster?= <koester@x-itec.de>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XF86Config question for Sony PCG-FX Series

On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 04:05:50AM +0200, Boris Köster wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I would like to know if somewhere did the trick and setup a 1024x768
> display - if so, what did you use? 800x600 would be ok, too. I tried a lot again with the
> default install, i can only use vga 640x480 and thats not very
> interesting because i have a black, big border around the LCD display that
> wants 1024x768 (?)

4.1.0 works on my FX220.  Take a look at
http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/163/2001/7/0/6293460/.  The short
answer is that the probe of the VESA Display Data Channel hangs, so you
need to put Option "NoDDC" into the Device section of XF86Config.  I hope
this works for you.  I can send my complete XF86Config if you would like.

Ralph
--
Ralph N. Smith
ralph@webcom.com