Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 23:05:46 +0900
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@geocities.co.jp>
To:        nik@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XML driver config file to replace LINT

Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote
 in <20000628173144.B51610@catkin.nothing-going-on.org>:

> That being the case, it wouldn't be too hard to do
>
>     <commant lang="ja_JP.EUCjp">...</comment>
>
>     <comment lang="es_ES.ISO_8859-1">...</comment>
>
> and so on, would it?

 If so, translated comment field can be obsolete while the author's
 one is always up-to-date.  The comment field is edited by
 the original author, but translators are responsible for the others.
 Translation is not always done immediately.  So, I think
 a way is needed to indicate whether the translation is old or not.

> Or does loading Japanese text in to a non-Japanese aware editor scramble
> the text?

 Probably it is not a big problem for editors, but other tools are OK?
 A file including characters in various encodings may confuse them.