Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 2016 04:49:08 +0000
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Lu=EDs?= Fernando Schultz Xavier da Silveira <schultz@ime.usp.br>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fw: Unexpected dependencies of graphics/libGL

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 03:19:23 +0000
From: Lu=EDs Fernando Schultz Xavier da Silveira <schultz@ime.usp.br>
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: Unexpected dependencies of graphics/libGL

Hello,

Since the beginning of this year, graphics/libGL and friends started
depending on a significant amount of software, including git and bzr.
Could anyone explain why that is and whether it is possible to avoid
such dependencies?

Also, there is a dependency on clang and llvm from ports because of
advanced features that I (and I guess many of us) do not require.
I believe it has to do with the Gallium driver and OpenCL.

Just a suggestion: it would be pretty nice if there were some port
knobs to avoid pulling in another toolchain from ports to build
software that is never run.

Thank you,
Lu=EDs Fernando