Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 1999 23:19:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jay Kuri <jay@oneway.com>
To:        Viren Shah <vshah@rstcorp.com>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, richard@pegasus.com, viren@viren.org
Subject:   Re: 3.2-stable SCSI caching controller?

> >Sticking with mainstream hardware, wherever possible, is a very
> >good idea when dealing with pc-Unix.
>
> Well, DPT seems mainstream enough (at least in the FreeBSD
> community).

	Just as an aside, one of our vendors has informed us that DPT told
them that the 'standard' DPT raid and cache cards that have been supported
by FreeBSD are being 'phased out' and will be unavailable starting in
September.  The SmartCache IV and SmartRaid IV cards (pm2144 and
PM3334 models) are the ones we specifically were talking about.

Hopefully the SmartRaid V will be supported under FreeBSD before then.

Jay