Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 2000 15:16:21 -0700
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
Cc:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Request for review: restructuring of per-uid resource limits

On Sep 6,  5:11am, Bruce Evans wrote:
} On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Don Lewis wrote:
}
} > My patch has KASSERT checks that look for ui_sbsize or ui_proccnt going
} > negative, or not being zero when freeing the uidinfo structure.  I
} > could be convinced to make this checks mandatory.
}
} I think sanity checks (if any are implemented) should be mandatory in
} new code.

Done and committed.

} Perhaps there should be several levels of KASSERTs, with at
} least one level where the sanity checks are not mandatory (like the
} current default of INVARIANTS not defined).

That sounds good to me.  Having to change the sense of the test to
convert between "if (...) panic" and KASSERT as well as the other
syntax changes basically sucks.