Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2013 18:13:41 +0100
From:      Florian Smeets <flo@smeets.im>
To:        Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>, gecko@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Koop Mast <kwm@FreeBSD.org>, Mark Linimon <linimon@FreeBSD.org>, Niclas Zeising <zeising@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Getting www/libxul19 building with clang

------enig2XRAJUXPTCHMEXMNUVSUO

On 26.01.13 18:10, Dimitry Andric wrote:
> Hi,
>=20

Hi,

thank you for taking a look at it.

> I got several reports about www/libxul19 not building with clang.  I ha=
> a look, and gathered a bunch of upstream patches which make it build
> correctly.  I am not sure how to run the test suite though, so if
> somebody could please verify it behaves correctly at runtime, that woul=
> be great.
>=20

I'm not sure we should perform any more necromancy on the libuxl19 port.
It has various security vulnerabilities and we would have nuked it a
long time ago if it weren't for all the stuff that still depends on it.
This has been a long time TODO item on the gecko@ TODO list, but nobody
had the courage to do it, yet... :)

So I think basically I'm saying I'm ok with fixing it to compile with
clang, but it could get nuked in the not too distant future.

With the next update we should probably update www/libxul to 17.0.x that
should work with clang out of the box, I believe even the 10.0.x that is
in www/libxul now works with clang.

Florian