Date:      Tue, 15 Aug 2000 02:28:27 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Stephen Hansen <cerebralmaelstrom@cerebralmaelstrom.com>
To:        Chris Browning <brownicm@prokyon.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GDK/GTK/GNOME crashing? *sob*

Apparently, as someone else sugguested to me initially, this was a locale
problem. Having nothing set for the locale caused basically nothing
Gnome/GTKish to work entirely right -- or for extended periods of time.

Now I have new problems to do with shared memory,.. le sigh :)

The required fix was basically setting 'en_US.ISO-8859-1' into my LANG,
LC_ALL, and LC_CTYPE attributes in my /etc/zshenv & /etc/profile.

Thanks for the response/help, though. :)