Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2000 16:46:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Culver <culverk@culverk.student.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   compiler optimizations

I'm just curious about something. I noticed the other day that the entire
linux kernel is compiled with options -O2 -m486. I was wondering if this
really causes any performance increase and was also wondering if there is
anywhere on the web that can show this. I am wondering because I was going
to use these options with FreeBSD (or -march=pentiumpro or -mpentiumpro,
and -Os instead of -O2).

Ken