Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 09:51:56 +0200
From:      "Thomas Uhrfelt" <thomas.uhrfelt@plymovent.se>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Single-user mode

Ok, I made a mistake and need to boot in single-user mode to correct it, but
it doesnt seem to work as intended (or to say the least my brain isnt
working as intended).

I am running 3.3-RC:

At boot when the - sign shows i press spacebar to get the boot: prompt,
there I enter -s and hit return, and the system continues to load.. load ..
load and voila .. it mounts all the filesystems and present me with a nice
login: prompt. Not to mention the fact it loads all the daemons aswell. So
what am I doing wrong here?

I am short of time, so please respond as quickly as you can.

Regards,

Thomas Uhrfelt