Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 15:04:24 -0400
From:      Kirk MacDonald <kirkglen@istar.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install Problems

Hello,

I was wondering if you could shed a little light on an installation
problem Im having with FreeBSD 2.2.5.

I recently bought a book entitled "the UNIX System's Administrator
Bible" (or something along that line) and it came with a Walnut Creek
CDROM containing FreeBSD 2.2.5 and some other "administration" tools.

When I run the install program from the CD ROM (or use a boot disk for
that matter) it allows me to configure the installation perfectly and
select my media type as CDROM. When I make the final conformation it
begins to configure the partition on my hard drive allocated for
FreeBSD. Then Im prompted with a conformation saying  Warning: the CD
ROM in the drive is either not a FreeBSD CD  or it is an older (pre
2.1.5) FreeBSD CD which does not have a version number on it.  Do you
wish to use this CD anyway?

When I say yes I get a message informing me it could not install   bin,
doc, games, manpages, catpages, etc etc etc...   Once I hit OK it tells
me Congratulation I have FreeBSD on my system.... and takes me through
the post install menus.

After all this is over and I reboot all I have is boot manager
installed...

By any chance can you shed some light onto what is going wrong here?

Thanks,
Kirk