Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 1995 13:12:42 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        bob@obiwan.pmr.com (Bob Willcox)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BocaBoard 2016

> > I have a chance to pick up a BocaBoard 2016 at a decent price.
> >
> > This is a 16-port card with 16550's.  That's all I know.  Does anyone
> > know if there are any problems with making this work under FreeBSD?
>
> I am using one w/o problems on my primary system running 1.1.5.1.
> I have 6 modems and 5 ascii terminals connected to it.

Hi Bob,

Too late - I already bought it, and it seems to work great.

My only tests have been to connect two ports together and run data
bidirectionally at 115200bps, but it looks to me like the shared interrupt
thing might be a benefit - pumping data in the other direction
simultaneously actually lowered the interrupt per second count somewhat.

Fascinating.  :-)

... Joe