Date:      Fri, 6 Jun 2008 06:39:40 -1000
From:      Clifton Royston <cliftonr@lava.net>
To:        Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: challenge: end of life for 6.2 is premature with buggy 6.3

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 12:08:54PM -0400, Vivek Khera wrote:

> On Jun 4, 2008, at 4:43 PM, Clifton Royston wrote:
>
> > Speaking just for myself, I'd love to get a general response from
> >people who have run servers on both as to whether 6.3 is on average
> >more stable than 6.2.  I really haven't gotten any clear impression as
>
> I'll throw in my "+1" for running 6.3.  I have it on many boxes, some
> of which run gmirror and some of which have bge devices (some with
> both).  Never any problems.  They operate things varying from Postgres
> servers to DNS servers to mail servers (postfix) under pretty
> consistent load pushing lots and lots of data both network and to disk.

Thanks.  That sounds like the kind of broad experience I need,
particularly as the main group of servers are mail servers (spam
filtering machines running Postfix, with some config files on NFS.)

  -- Clifton

--
    Clifton Royston  --  cliftonr@iandicomputing.com / cliftonr@lava.net
       President  - I and I Computing * http://www.iandicomputing.com/