Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2014 12:48:43 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        hiren panchasara <hiren.panchasara@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: LEDBAT (RFC-6817)i n FreeBSD as mod_cc(9)?

Hello, hiren.
You wrote 17 =D0=B8=D1=8E=D0=BD=D1=8F 2014 =D0=B3., 11:41:35:

>>   It looks like, that some TCP connections could benefit from LEDBAT
>>  (RFC-6871) cognestion control algorithm (not all, of course, it should =
not
>>  be default).
>>
>>   Also, it looks like Apple implements one
>>   (http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/xnu/xnu-1699.32.7/bsd/netinet/=
tcp_ledbat.c),
>>  but it uses much more "callbacks" from TCP/SCTP core to CC module, that
>>  FreeBSD has.
>>
>>   Does somebody evaluate, is it possible to bring LEDBAT to FreeBSD?
hp> I'd guess there is nothing wrong in having this as a cc module.
hp> Someone has to do the necessary legwork :-)
  The problem is it seems that "someone" needs to extend set of hooks in
 mod_cc substantially. It is more than "write one more module" and, IMHO,
 should be discussed with net-related people :)

--=20
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>