Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 1995 01:41:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        john@pyromania.apana.org.au (John Herks)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel Triton Chipset...

> I am have been running FreeBSD 2.0R on a SOYO/Intel Neptune chipset P90
> motherboard for the last few months. I am using a NCR PCI SCSI Controller.
>
> Everything has been running fine..
>
> I am about to upgrade to a SOYO/Intel Triton chipset P100 motherboard and
> I was wondering if there would be any problems running FreeBSD 2.0R with
> this new chipset ?

Chip set works fine, don't know about the SOYO implementation of the
motherboard though.  I am using ASUS products and they are working
just fine.

Be aware that Triton does not do parity checking on memory, Intel
decided to save a few bucks and left it out.  [They should have
made a few more bucks and added ECC IMHO!!!]