Date:      Mon, 31 May 1999 04:59:19 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        Ilia Chipitsine <ilia@cgilh.chel.su>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: procmail [was Re: sendmail distributing empty envelopes]

Ilia Chipitsine wrote:

> wake up ! use m4 for configuring sendmail,
> here's lines from 'jane.mc'

> FEATURE(local_procmail)
> MAILER(procmail)
>
> and make sure .../cf/mailer/procmail.m4 shows right path for procmail

Tried that, too. Doesn't make any difference. Well, actually, I only
gave the FEATURE with MAILER(local), but still.

It's not that procmail doesn't work at all, it archives the mails from
these lists perfectly in the BSD folder. It's just that it won't send
mail.

What was generated is this:

Mlocal,         P=/usr/local/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qSPfhn9P, S=10/30,
R=20
/40,
                T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=procmail -Y -a $h -d $u

What is even more infuriating is that the scripts works perfectly when
executed on the command line running as the user whose .procmailrc holds
it.

So we got a working procmail running a working script failing miserably
to both send it out and archive it.

What gives? I mean, I'm awake, but can't smell any coffee! <g>

Roelof

--
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.