Date:      Fri, 07 Sep 2001 10:09:02 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Philip Taylor <bebox2uk@yahoo.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Interest Contributing to the FreeBsd

Philip Taylor wrote:

> Hello Freebsd
>
> I have used FreeBsd For several Months including using
> linux and unix for about 5 Years. I have studied
> Information Technology and Programming for two years.
> I have came to the point where i believe i could help
> in building Freebsd.
> Could you please send me some information about how i
> can help.

Since this is a volunteer project there is no formal "you should do this"
list.

1/ find somthing you'd LIKE to do
2/ see if someone is doing it (search the mailing lists etc.)
3/ contact them (also check CVS logs of associated files
to see who may be actually checking the stuff in and contact them too)
ask them if you can help them test/develop their project..
4/ get more involved with time and use all your free time :-)