Date:      Sat, 09 Nov 2002 15:41:14 -0600
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
To:        Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NVidia Drivers and vis5d

Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:

 > The new NVidia drivers are working really well for me.  xlock and other
 > OpenGL programs are doing great.
 >
 > However vis5d (from science/vis5d) is not working.  It quickly puts up a
 > window, and then seg faults:
 >
 >  > vis5d data.v5d
 > Using default visual with depth 16
 > Using default visual with depth 16
 > adding dtx to ctx 0 0 0x8c13000
 > Cache size: 40 grids 6 12
 >  Hint... To run Vis5D more efficiently try setting data.v5d to '-mbs 58'
 > Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Well I found an answer to my question minutes after posting the question.  This
change to science/vis5d+ seems to make it work:

   diff Makefile-orig Makefile
33c33
< CONFIGURE_ARGS=       --enable-gtk --enable-threads --with-mesa --with-netcdf \
---
  > CONFIGURE_ARGS=       --enable-gtk --disable-threads --with-mesa --with-netcdf \

The performance of vis5d is GREATLY enhanced.

--
Stephen Montgomery-Smith
stephen@math.missouri.edu