Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 1998 06:17:42 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew MacIntyre <andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au>
To:        John <freebsd-root@i-zone.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: install from an iso9000 cdrom on a win95 machine to laptop via parallel cable

On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, John wrote:

> Booting boot.flp all goes smoothly until I configure the media to
> install from. I set netconfig on the laptop so that the machine name is
> i-zonelap, with no other parameters. It warns me that I will not be able
> to see anything outside my local network. I select nfs as the
> installation media. It then asks me the name of the machine and the
> directory to install from. I say i-zone:/d
>
> It then says it cannot find i-zone:/d (or i-zone: or anything else)

Windows 95 doesn't come with NFS capability out of the box, nor an FTP
server :-(  I take it that you have installed a 3rd party NFS server
product?

You will also need to tell i-zonelap how to resolve the name i-zone.  I
suggest just using the IP address, a la ???.???.???.???:/d

If you want to try the FTP alternative, I seem to recall seeing a freely
distributable W95 FTP server in the TUCOWS archive.

E-mail: andrew.macintyre@aba.gov.au    (work) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au  (play) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Fido:   Andrew MacIntyre, 3:620/243.18        |        Australia