Date:      Tue, 29 Sep 1998 15:31:01 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        dmaddox@scsn.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Odd Message from PPP

>     On rare occasions I see the following message from ppp:
>
> Sep 28 17:56:03 rhiannon ppp[219]: tun0: Warning: Unrecognised CBCP packet (code
>  5, length 4)
>
> I guess it's not a problem (hasn't caused any noticable trouble so far),
> but I'm curious as to what it means }:-|

According to the M$ specs, there are only three valid CBCP codes,
REQ, RESPONSE & ACK (1, 2 & 3).  If ppp gets something outside of
this range, it moans with the above message and drops it on the floor.

Is the other side a M$ OS ?  (guffaw, guffaw!).   It may be worth
taking it up with the remote admin....

      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;