Date:      Sat, 10 Nov 2001 17:29:12 -0700
From:      Chad David <davidc@acns.ab.ca>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Source to give away.

This spring I sold my part of a software company that I had
helped start that focused primarily on Java development.
As part of the sale I was given all of the source that had
been developed over the last four years, but since then I have
had little interest in Java, and the code has been just left
to die.

I have asked a few local companies if they are interested, but
in general the "not invented here" attitude is fairly strong,
and as I have no intention of continuing the development I am
considering releasing it as under a BSD style license.

If anybody is interested in any of this please feel free to contact
me, and I can arrange to get you access to it.  Before I can
actually release the code I need to change the license headers
etc. which I'm not going to do "before" someone is interested.

For an example of the coding style etc. take a look at
	http://www.acns.ab.ca/mclass

The code consists of the following (and more):
	(NOTE: All of this code is written in Java)

	General utility classes: (for example)
		Directed Graph Implementation
		Thread Safe Queue Implementation
		RadixTreeSet
		Static Logging Class
		Class File Parser
		DirClassLoader (uses class file parser).
		Inter-Thread Event Framework
		DirectoryTree build (sort of like find for java apps).
		... and more

	General GUI utility classes
		Directed Graph Panel
		Simple Wizard
		Time Line
		Buttons and Button Panels
		Calendars
		Date Text Field
		Table Model Sorter
		Tree table (like Sun's example)
		... and more

	Simple Crypto Classes
		CryptPassword
		Prime generator
		SecureHash wrappers
		TwoFish CryptObject wrapper
		... and more

	SQL and JDBC Stuff
		SQL Grammar (Tested with Oracle and Postgresql syntax)
		JDBC database -> JDBC database clone app.

		Relational Model -> Java Class and Source Generator.

			This is a system that I wrote based upon research work
			that we did for Nortel and others.  At the lowest level it
			generates classes and methods for given data model based upon
			the tables, columns, and foreign keys.  There is a full app
			in beta form that actually generates server side data objects,
			servers side RPC end points, client side RPC stubs, client side
			data objects, and a final client object for use within an app.
			All of the layers are maintains within a directed graph, so code
			generation can be affected by adding "virtual" nodes.  As an
			example we added virtual RPC end points that were really legacy
			classes that had nothing to do with the database.

			One of the developers who assisted me on this system was almost to
			the point of generating client side GUIs as well.  So basically you
			create a data model, and the system generates the rest of the app.

			There is a complete GUI for this system as well.

		... and a lot more

	Application Server
		High Performance App Server.  Not J2EE, but
		a lot of the framework is in place.

		This could be a project unto itself, and actually is within my old
		company.  This app is currently in production within a number of
		companies including a national telco.

	Source Generation Framework
		Class framework for implementing code generators.
		I wrote this after I got tired of writing source code
		within source code...

	3D and 2D Mapping Canvas
		Written for use within Seismic mapping applications
		be a developer who really does understand this type
		of programming.

	Dynamic Appliction Distribusion System
		Basically a server and network class loader implementation
		that really does work.  This system is in production within
		a number of companies.

	HTML Support code
		An entire servlet support environment that handles the building
		of large web based sites.  Includes most standard HTML widgets,
		as well as very complex tables, and tree tables.
		(* I don't really know much about this stuff *)

	Distributed Object Server (Research)
		My team wrote this mostly as a research project, but actually got
		it far enough along that we could move GUI apps within a Server from
		one machine to another.  For example you could move a word processor
		from your desk to another desk or to your home without closing it.

	A Source -> Jar file manager.
		Creates a jar file from a source tree and any number of other jar/zip files.

	Accounting and Project Management System
		Just like it says.  This app was written in house based upon the needs of
		a research/consulting shop.  It is a server (over postgresql.. or any other
		JDBC capable database I guess), with distributed clients who each have access
		to a given set of modules.  Modules include things like contact management,
		hour tracking, project management, billing etc..  The app actually generates
		invoices for the company based upon an XSLT template.

	Distributed Web Server Loader Tester
		Again like it says.  Basically a server that acts as a proxy for your web
		brower.  You surf your website and it records your path, then it can distrubute
		your actions out to a number of clients, and have them hit the servers with
		X requests across Y threads.  The cool part is that it graphs the results across
		runnings to the detail of each individual URL.  Good for finding slow spots.
		(Microsoft has an app much like this I think).

	There is a bunch of other stuff as well, but I think you get the point :).
	I am not currently subscribed for -java, so please direct any questions
	to me.

	Thanks for you time.
--
Chad David        davidc@acns.ab.ca
ACNS Inc.         Calgary, Alberta Canada