Date:      Mon, 24 Aug 1998 02:14:40 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        lcremean@tidalwave.net
Cc:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AVA-1505 card for CDR...system hang...

In message <19980823173221.A22349@st-lcremean.tidalwave.net> Lee Cremeans writes:
: The aha driver (AIC636x chips, including the 1505) is in a rather advanced
: state of bitrot. I've had it panic my machine back when I tried it in
: -stable (2.2.5-ish, I think). I'd adopt it if I knew enough about SCSI to
: fix it, since we have TONS of 1510s and 152x cards lying around :|

The aha driver is for the 1542 cards.  The aic driver is for the
AIC-6[23]60 chips made by adaptech.  These have been found mostly on
15xx cards: 1502 (the smallest ISA card I've ever seen), 1505, 1510,
1515, 1520, 1520A, 1522 and 1522A (and likely a few I've missed, like
the fabled 1522B).  The aic driver is in need of a complete rewrite,
or lots of TLC from someone who has the technical tools to do the
work.

The manual scared me off into easier pastures, at least for the moment
:-)

Warner