Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 2003 15:40:30 +0200
From:      "Petri Helenius" <pete@he.iki.fi>
To:        "Eugene Vedistchev" <e.vedistchev@global-one.by>, <net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IP over DVB

> There is FreeBSD driver for Technisat Skystar-1 DVB card written in Russia.
> I've mentioned it in my previous e-mail. It have readme.eng which describe
> in short how to setup DVB-MPE reception under FreeBSD 4.x
> This driver is also ported to OpenBSD and seems will be supported in future
> under FreeBSD/OpenBSD by author.

This seems to be the same card which is sold by Siemens-Fujitsu, Hauppauge,
Technotrend, etc... The one other widely available implementation is
the korean KiSS-stuff which does not enjoy open-source support.

I wonder if the FreeBSD driver is designed according to the OST
specification so applications like vdr, dvbstream, etc. would work
out of the box.

Pete