Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 2008 16:23:27 -0400
From:      "J.R. Oldroyd" <fbsd@opal.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status of Flash 9 on stable

--Sig_/3JmosvK1n6stL6FNJ=3O=i8

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 14:25:37 -0500, Mark Kane <mark@mkproductions.org> wrot=
e:

> I'm using RELENG_7 as of yesterday which appears to have the linprocfs
> fixes from CURRENT, and I also updated linux-flashplayer9 with the
> patch from the above PR.
>=20
> When trying to use Flash 9 in linux-opera a few Flash items work (such
> as Adobe's test page which confirms it is using version 9 and sound
> does work on the rollovers there), but most things including YouTube
> videos or videos from other sites either do not play at all and lock up
> immediately or play for a few seconds and then lock up:
>=20
> ----------------
> opera: Plug-in 90514 is not responding. It will be closed.
> opera: Define environment variable OPERA_KEEP_BLOCKED_PLUGIN to keep
> blocked plug-ins.
> ----------------
>=20
> Trying with linux-firefox and linux-firefox-devel gives similar
> results except Firefox crashes entirely on most Flash sites.
>=20
> I was using linux_base-fc4 and 2.4.2 however I updated to linux_base-f8
> and 2.6.16 since I saw others in the above emulation@ thread having
> success with f8. There doesn't seem to be any change with f8.
>=20
> Is this still the expected behavior? I'm not sure if these fixes were
> supposed to fix everything related to Flash 9 or if there are still
> things to be done, so I'm just giving it a try and posting the results.
> I am running amd64 by the way.
>=20
> Thanks very much in advance,
>=20
> -Mark
> FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE #14: Thu Oct 16 00:12:09 CDT 2008 amd64
>=20

It works here, although my 7-stable is a few days old and I applied
the linprocfs.c patch by hand.

I also used the pre-compiled libflashsupport.so binary referred to in
the thread.

Then used nspluginwrapper to add links for native apps.

Linux support is fc8.

It works in native firefox3, albeit without audio.  Firefox does not
crash.  Flash apps quietly run to completion.  Youtube works.

It does not work in native opera.

	-jr