Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:17:13 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unable to suspend on Lenovo Thinkpad T61

This is a unit with Centrino Duo CPU.

Issuing zzz or acpiconf -s 3 causes the system to reboot instead of
sleep.  I understand that suspend does not work on SMP systems, so I've
built a UP kernel (with SMP kernel the system freezes).  This does not
seem to be a clean reboot, filesystems come up dirty.

Hopefully this is all the relevant information.  I decided to post
everything via URL instead of inline in the email.  Hopefully this isn't
inconvenient.

ASL file: http://www.potentialtech.com/wmoran-T61.asl
sysctl hw.acpi: http://www.potentialtech.com/sysctl.txt
boot -v: http://www.potentialtech.com/dmesg.txt

I know nothing of ACPI, but I'm willing to learn and help make this work.
Let me know how I can help, but I'll probably need a fair amount of
hand-holding.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com