Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 2003 19:00:34 +0200
From:      "Yonatan Bokovza" <Yonatan@xpert.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: [OT] file synchronization between two machines

Read it's man page:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=3Drsync&apropos=3D0&sektion=3D0&=
manpath=3DFreeBSD+Ports+4.7-RELEASE&format=3Dhtml

you can do this at the firewalled machine
(examples only, not real commands) :
rsync -u user@remote:file file
rsync -u file user@remote:file

This will guarantee that file is the same on both machines.