Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2014 12:54:25 +0200
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@iet.unipi.it>
To:        Mahnaz Talebi <mhnz.talebi@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: netmap pktgen

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 12:27 PM, Mahnaz Talebi <mhnz.talebi@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I read in "
>
> http://typo3.change-project.eu/fileadmin/publications/Deliverables/CHANGE=
_Deliverable_D6_3.pdf
> ",
> that: "Packets generated
> by the Netmap PktGen were always dropped by the Linux Kernel after being
> processed by the
> PREROUTING chain of the mangle table of Iptables."

> Is it true?
> Is there a way to avoid this? I want to forward netmap generated packets
> via a DUT device to receiver.

=E2=80=8BGeneral comment:=E2=80=8B
=E2=80=8Bthis type of questions sounds very much like the
"studies on the internet say.." line from Dilbert strips.

You are taking a random sentence from
a random document, the conclusions drawn by the author
(assuming they are correct, i have no idea) may
depend so much on testing conditions that it is pointless
to reason how they apply to your case.

Please run _your_ experiment in the configuration that you
care about, then if you have any issues report them
and your configuration. That is something we can discuss about.

=E2=80=8Bcheers
luigi=E2=80=8B