Date:      Tue, 6 Oct 98 12:56:45 PDT
From:      strata@virtual.net
To:        netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-admin@FreeBSD.ORG, linux-admin@vger.rutgers.edu, advocacy-talk@balug.org
Subject:   Seeking Speakers: LISA98 Freenix Admin panel

Interested in being part of a panel at LISA'98 in Boston (December 9 - 11)?

Send a brief paragraph or two about your experience/background to me, and
please mention which freenix is your specialty.  We are looking for policy
experience as much as technical and are particularly interested in support
and production issues.

  ****   Please respond by Oct 11th if possible!    ****

PANEL TOPIC: Freenix Administration Issues

This panel will not be about "which freenix to use".  It will be about
technical, logistical, and management issues involved in making freenix
use viable in ordinary university and commerical environments.  Many
sysadmins would like to be using freenix servers in their organization but
their management may view "free" as a stigma rather than a virtue.  We
hope that this discussion will give sysadmins a powerful "toolset of ideas"
for successfully introducing and maintaining freenix at their workplace.
We also expect that issues to be solved will emerge, some of which may be
of assistance in maturing freenix technologies for more routine use.

Cheers,
_Strata
[LISA'98 Practicum Track Committee]

PS- Due to the number of speakers we will be having for panels, it is
unlikely that we will be able to comp folks.  However if you are already
planning on attending LISA, this is your chance to help spread the word
about freenix.  LISA info at: http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa98/