Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:16:54 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        sascha@daemonground.de
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RELENG_5 nfs performance

At 04:51 PM 20/09/2004, Julian Elischer wrote:
>Make sure that the NIC is configured manually with th eright speed.
>e.g.
>ifconfig vr0 media 100BaseT mediaopt full-duplex
>
>automatic selection often produces problems like this..

It sort of depends what the switch is configured to. If the switch only
supports auto-neg, manually setting the nic will cause problems as well.  I
would say make sure all network elements agree on the duplex setting.

Besides, if its a duplex mismatch, it should show up on the machine's
netstat -ni
output.

         ---Mike