Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 1997 18:48:40 -0600 (CST)
From:      "James D. Butt" <jbutt@mwci.net>
To:        Steve Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
Cc:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Land DOS Attack.

> > On Fri, 21 Nov 1997 jbutt@subcellar.mwci.net wrote:
> >
> > > 	Does anyone here know for sure it 2.2.2-RELEASE is vulnrable to the
> > > land.c DOS attack? It so is there a patch?
> >
> > I believe so.  In any case a "quick fix hack" has been committed to
> > -CURRENT and -STABLE.  A security advisory should follow shortly.
>
> I couldnt get that land.c jobber to crash anything.

It makes FreeBSD-2.2.5-Release go comatose.

  James D. Butt 'J.D.'
  Network Engineer                                   Voice 319-557-8463
  Network Operations Center                          Fax   319-557-9771
  MidWest Communications, Inc.                       Pager 319-557-6347
  241 Main St.                                          noc@mwci.net
  Dubuque, IA  52001                                   jbutt@mwci.net