Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 2004 11:04:15 +0100
From:      jan.muenther@nruns.com
To:        Dave Armstrong <davidsarmstrong@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Geman ISDN

> Just installed FreeBSD 4.9 and need to get my ISDN modem up and running. Any
> ideas on how to do that? Not sure where to start.

Depends heavily on what type of product you have there. Internal Fritz Card?
See the i4b(4) manpages then, and check out the excellent documentation on
the website.
If you have an active external ISDN adaptor (something that speaks AT), you
can use it transparently like a modem, if it's connected to the serial port.
The only exception that I know of are those %&/%/$&/ing bad Telekom Eumex
monsters, which needs some magic driver software to provide this
functionality.
If you happen to have a decent external TA, it's just userland ppp. Stick to
the handbook directions.

Cheers, J.