Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 18:17:55 -0700
From:      Mark Bannar-Martin <mbannar-martin@pearson-college.uwc.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Dual CPU hardware Newbie question

I have searched the lists but I did not find a satisfactory posting for
the following question:

I am looking to purchase a dual cpu machine to run FreeBSD. I have only
used 2.2.8 so far but I like it. I want to spend at most $2000. I am not
interested in graphics and want to use this machine as a Samba server
for a small workgroup of Win9x machines.

Any hardware recommendations would be much appreciated as would the best
FreeBSD release to use for rock solid platform.
Perhaps the most important decisions for me are:
1. Single or dual CPU
2. IDE or SCSI hard drive

Thank you,
Mark.