Date:      Mon, 06 May 1996 02:56:27 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Swee-Chuan Khoo <sckhoo@asiapac.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: virtual host

Swee-Chuan Khoo wrote in message ID
<199605060122.JAA10281@gandalf.asiapac.net>:
>         I need some expert help on the following area, please piont
> me to the correct FAQ. Thanx

>         1) anonymous ftp for virtual host
>                 - ftp.abc.com -
>                 - ftp.yxz.com -
>                         - both will end up in the same m/c but chroot to
>                         diff directory.

There are patches somewhere to do this in wu-ftpd. Perhaps someone
else can point you in their direction. There is bound to be a
reference in the mail archives too since it has been discussed here
before. See http://www.freebsd.org/

>         2) how do mail handle
>                 webmaster@abc.com and webmaster@xyz.com?

>                 Since both end up in the same machine?

Procmail springs to mind. sendmail can't handle this sort of setup
very easily (it's possible (I >>THINK<<) but really messy). You can
write procmail filters to send mail sent to different `To:' addresses
to different people.

Gary
--
Gary Palmer                                            FreeBSD Core Team Member
FreeBSD - Turning PC's into workstations. See http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/ for info.