Date:      Tue, 1 Aug 2006 10:48:50 -0400
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: spamfilter

Dan Nelson writes:

>  > 2) installing spamass-milter requires rebuilding sendmail.  (I have
>  > no idea about other MTAs.) This usually sounds more frightening than
>  > it is, but can still lead to complications.
>
>  You shouldn't have had to rebuild sendmail; some OSes don't ship
>  a libmilter with their sendmail, but FreeBSD does.

	Bad phrasing on my part.  Let's try again:

	2) installing spamass-milter requires rebuilding the sendmail
	config file.  (I have no idea about other MTAs.) To less
	experienced users This sounds more frightening than it is
	(given the nature of the raw file and the existance of the
	configuration front end), but can still lead to complications.

	"Sorry about that, Chief."	:-)

				Robert Huff