Date:      Mon, 8 Oct 2001 11:09:56 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Referencing man pages from ports/

On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 09:40:38PM -0700, Murray Stokely wrote:
> Hey Ruslan,
>
>   What is the best practice for referencing man pages that are
> installed as ports (gated, pcnfsd) or optional system components
> (Kerberos).  Is there another mdoc macro that should be used other
> than .Xr?

There isn't one currently.  I'm open to any suggestions, and am
ready to do the implementation part.

We can extend the .Xr macro to support this, or we can roll our
own .Pxr, whatever looks better.

Please find attached the unfinished thread on this, and reply to
this thread.

Thanks,
--
Ruslan Ermilov		Oracle Developer/DBA,