Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2012 12:48:39 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PKGNG overview, status and FAQ

On 10/12/2012 11:57, René Ladan wrote:
> 2. Is there a way to quickly convert the existing old-style packages
> built by the tinderbox, e.g. by (a modified version of) pkg2ng?

Not as far as I know.  Such a thing would be very good to have though.
I don't recall off hand if there are any major hurdles like information
in pkgng packages not readily available in pkg_tools packages, but I
guess it should be possible to go a direct conversion without having to
install the packages (of either flavour).

/me appends to TODO list.

	Matthew