Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 1996 01:48:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        Veggy Vinny <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: -current failed

On Sat, 26 Oct 1996, Veggy Vinny wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>
> > > 	Oh well, I was only following what Marc told me to do since I
> > > could resup the entire src tree after deleting the old one but that
> > > wouldn't work as it will take too long at 28.8kbps...
> > >
> > 	Hey...I just suggested what did work for me over here when I
> > hit the problem...since I'm *not* using /usr/obj currently, this did work
> > fine for me.
>
> 	Oh okay, somehow it did get farther than what it was initially but
> I guess sometimes the files can get corrupted so maybe I do need to resup
> the entire src tree anyways...

	One other area you might want to watch...for some reason, I
didn't have a /usr/lib/compat directory, so when I did my 'make install'
in /usr/src/gnu, libgnumalloc.so.2.0 became /usr/lib/compat...

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org