Date:      Mon, 05 Mar 2001 10:09:35 +0100
From:      Joachim =?iso-8859-1?Q?Str=F6mbergson?= <watchman@ludd.luth.se>
To:        Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Machines are getting too damn fast

Aloha!

(Sorry for jumping right in to the thread here...)

This might be a good time to mention the STREAM benchmark developed by
John McCalpin. It measures sustained bandwidth of systems. The official
web page is at:

http://www.cs.virginia.edu/stream/

If you check the section under "PC-compatible Results" you should find
machines comparable to what you are measuring. Also, there are a tool
out there that will measure effective latency for cache levels and main
store for a system - both first page and burst transfers. Need to search
my ever inflating bookmarks...

The news group comp.arch might be a source of info and would probably be
interested in your results too.

--
Cheers!
Joachim - Alltid i harmonisk svängning