Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:25:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Michael L. Squires" <mikes@siralan.org>
To:        jesse@wingnet.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Arplookup error

> Sorin Chiorean wrote:
>
> > I doesn't seem to show up on a regular base.
> > This is an example from a log file :
> > Nov 24 12:16:45 nira /kernel: arplookup 100.93.140.1 failed: host is not
> > on local network

I've seen this when the IP number is not in the network defined by the
IP number and netmask bound to that interface.  The organization I worked
for had a single class B subnet which they subnetted into multiple class
C subnets, but they passed traffic from more than one class C subnet at
the same time through the building switches and FreeBSD didn't like it.

Mike Squires