Date:      Tue, 2 Feb 1999 19:58:11 +0800
From:      caijj@trans.hk.hi.cn
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   The OS or network adapter?

Hi, everyone:
     Now I telnet to my server, which respones very very late;
I "ping" to it, the packet takes server seconds to return. If
I run a web server on the machine, and ping out from the machine,
it said "no buffer availid". Without running the web server,
it also takes a long time to transfer the packets.
     What cause this problem? Is it possible that the network
adapter has something wrong?
     Thanks for any answer!