Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2001 12:06:51 -0800
From:      Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        "Andrew R. Reiter" <arr@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: wine namespace pollution (was Re: Kernel Thread scheduler)

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 02:42:56PM -0500, Andrew R. Reiter wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Steve Kargl wrote:
>
> :
> :[1] Our struct thread in <sys/user.h> conflicts with the
> :struct thread in wine. Fortunately, we can currently work
> :around this conflict.
> :
>
> I thought "issue" came up a couple weeks ago and that wine really did not
> need to include sys/user.h and therefore the person removed the #include
> line and all was well.  Is this still the same problem?

Wine fixed this problem a couple days ago.  But, if Julian is
starting the next round of KSE work, it would be nice to protect
kernel internal structures if we can.  As pointed out by jhb,
struct proc includes struct thread, so consumers (e.g., gdb, ps,
...) of struct proc need be updated.  I'm going to play around
today to see what needs to be done.

--
Steve