Date:      Sat, 01 Apr 2000 15:25:18 -0700
From:      Matthew Sos <msos@avicom.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   es1371 sound delayed

Hello,

I'm having trouble with delayed sound output from a Creative AudioPCI.
Sound seems to 'lag' behind in any program.  Game sounds are always out
of sync, really short or low quality waves just disappear completely,
and mp3s start about a half second late.

Didn't find much in the archives except rather old posts about IRQ
conflicts, but my card is all alone on irq 5.  (I tryed it on irq 9 too
just in case :)

I'm running 4.0-STABLE from Mar. 26, 2000.  I had the exact same problem
in 3.4-STABLE.

dmesg excerpt --
pcm0: <AudioPCI ES1371> port 0xe400-0xe43f irq 5 at device 10.0 on pci0

kernel config --
device        pcm

The card works just fine otherwise.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

----
Matt Sos
msos@avicom.net