Date:      Sat, 23 Dec 2000 22:20:24 +0300
From:      Igor Robul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Security problem with "script"?

On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 03:14:16AM -0500, David J. Kanter wrote:
> I don't know if this is an issue or not, but using the script program with
> sudo seems to switch the sudoer's id to root.
This is not security problem. This is stupid "root" :-)
"script" just starts shell. So /bin/sh is too vulnarable to this
"exploit":
sudo /bin/sh will give you root shell. If, of course, you are allowed
start /bin/sh with sudo

This was explained some month ago to other person :-)

--
Igor Robul, Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga",
Sochi, Russia