Date:      Mon, 11 Nov 2013 18:08:31 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10 and missing "make.file" and ntp won't resolve addresses with unbound running

On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 11:58:45 -0500, Gerard Seibert wrote:
> I just did a fresh install of FreeBSD 10 on a clean machine.
> I have two immediate questions.
>
> 1) Why is there no "make.conf" file in the /etc directory?
> Has it been moved or is it no longer supported?

If I remember correctly, this file will be created only if
needed (e. g. by a program or by the user). There should be
a template / example in /usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf.

I don't have a v10 system running so I can't check, but this
approach has been used in previous FreeBSD versions.

Also check "man make.conf" to see if the manual does mention
something different (section FILES).

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany