Date:      Mon, 25 May 1998 10:54:13 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ensoniq AudioPCI

> Luigi's new driver framework?  It appears to be mostly ISA based.  Adding
> PCI support to it would look like mostly a hack.
>
> Has anyone looked at the NetBSD sound subsystem?  I'd say it looks kind
> of promising; but I'm not too keen on yet another audio system...
Well, you could fiddle with Luigi's, so that it is a much better alternative
than Voxware, and then we could kill Voxware and only have one :)

I would think that _another_ sound system would be a bit silly :(

|Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer for Genesis Software |
|http://www.gsoft.com.au                                            |
|The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to|
|choose from. -- Andrew Tanenbaum                                   |