Date:      Sat, 18 Mar 2000 22:02:58 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Small spaces

I have a 4.0-stable system running in 17MB of a 48MB CF card stuck in
an IDE <-> CF adapter from www.tapr.org.  I installed select binaries
and libraries with a custom script.  More heavy weight than picobsd,
but a little easier to hack on after the fact.  This is with ssh and
enough of a world to test load new drivers and nfs mount my
development environment.

I think that if I were to build a shared /bin and /sbin that I could
get this below 13MB.  Since there's only one partition I don't think
it will matter that they aren't statically linked.  And the CF part is
easy/fast enough to recreate that it is a small risk.

Warner